Happy New Year and welcome to 2013. Since I know many of you probably have gift cards for Amazon and the like burning a hole in your pocket, I thought I would help you spend that money by offering a up a few suggested purchases. Here is a list of the books which readers of this blog ordered with greatest regularity in 2012.
Of course my own book The Essentials of Trading is of interest to everyone.
As for other people’s writings, here’s the top 10 purchases by readers.
- How to Make Money in Stocks by William O’Neil
- Market Wizards by Jack Schwager
- Hedge Fund Market Wizards by Jack Schwager (My Review)
- Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom by Van Tharp
- Market Sense and Nonsense by Jack Schwager
- Mind Over Markets by James Dalton (My Review)
- Buy and Hedge by Jay Pestrichelli and Wayne Ferbert (My Review)
- The Daily Trading Coach by Brett Steenbarger (My Review)
- The New Market Wizards by Jack Schwager
- Way of the Turtle by Curtis Faith (My Review)
It is no surprise that My Top 5 Trading Books list is well-represented above.
Of course you can always look to my growing list of Trading Book Reviews for additional ideas. And although it isn’t a print book (yet), my Trading FAQs book is a very good resource for new and developing traders.
If you like this post or find it informative, I encourage you to sign-up for the newsletter.
About the Author
John Forman, author of this blog, has traded for more than 20 years, is a professional market analyst, and authored The Essentials of Trading. He is an active participant in trading forums, consults for trading related businesses, as published literally dozens of trading articles, and has been quoted in a number of books and in the media.
** See John’s full bio.
- New book out from Market Wizards author Jack Schwager